Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

14- What are the meanings of Bismillah, Al-hamdu li-llah, Insha-llah, Allahu Akbar, Allah karim, As-salaam 'aleikum, Salla-llahu 'aleihi wa-sallam?

Bismillah means "in the name of God". It is a kind of invocation much used to call down blessing on oneself or to drive away an influence thought to be harmful.
Al-hamdu li-llah means "praise (returns) to God". By this phrase the believer declares that God is the source of everything worthy of praise, and it is to God that everything must return.
Insha-llah means "if God so wills". By this the believer wishes to express his dependence, his submission to God. Sometimes it is a form of modesty to reply in this way to congratulation or flattery. Allahu Akbar means "God is most great". The phrase is constantly repeated in the ritual prayer, and at other times e.g. to express admiration or surprise. It implies that God is the supreme being, He knows what He wishes, He is the Master, and everything He does is to be accepted by man as good.
Allah karim means "God is generous"; it is He who supplies what is lacking and gives abundantly to whom He pleases. The phrase is frequently on the lips of beggars, who use it to appeal to the generosity of passers-by, reminding them that God will recompense them.
As-salaam 'aleikum is the common greeting "peace be upon you (plural)" -- to which the answer is wa 'aleiku-ssalaam, "and upon you, peace". Some Muslims believe that the greeting should only be used by one Muslim to another.
Salla-llahu 'aleihi wa-sallom means "may the blessing of God and peace be upon him", and is said by Muslims after any mention of Muhammad.

Thanks ALLAH.....

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog! Do yоu havе any tips for aspiring
    writеrs? I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a lіttle lost οn eνerything.

    Woulԁ you suggeѕt starting with а free platfoгm lіke Wordpгess оr go for a pаid oρtion?

    There aгe so many οptiоns out there that
    I'm totally confused .. Any ideas? Cheers!

    Review my blog post :: visit the up coming site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I κnow this is somewhat off topic but Ι was
    ωondеring if you kneω ωhere ӏ could get
    a captcha plugin foг my comment form? ӏ'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finԁing οne?
    Τhаnks a lot!

    my ωebsite: hcg injections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Υouг style iѕ гeally unique
    compаreԁ tо other fοlks I've read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll ϳust
    bοoκmark thіѕ pаgе.


    Lоοκ at my web site: steroids and cancer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stуle is reаlly unique compareԁ to other folκs
    I've read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll just bookmark this
    pаge.

    Also vіsit my blοg steroids and cancer
    my web site > androgenic steroids

    ReplyDelete